National Hot Dog Day is observed on the third Wednesday of July every year. National Hog Dog 2020 falls on July 22. Being on the most loved fast food, it is eaten widely by Americans. Celebrating the day, restaurants and eateries make variants of hot dog and even offer discounts on it. People organise annual Hot Dog lunch event celebrating their staple diet. However, due to COVID-19, you may be restricted from moving outwards, but don’t let that stop you from enjoying your favourite food. So, as we celebrate National Hog Dog 2020, we bring to you we bring to the perfect recipe to make chicken hotdog at home. Why Is Hot Dog Called So? And It May Have Something to Do With Canines.
The ingredients include, 3 hot dog buns, 300 gms chicken breast, 7 to 8 garlic cloves, teaspoon paprika powder, half an onion, half cup iceberg lettuce, half a cup shredded purple/red cabbage soaked in vinegar for 10 to 15 minutes, 1 egg – 1, half a cup all-purpose flour, one quarter cup cornflour – ¼ cup and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Salt and black pepper to taste. Mustard sauce and softened butter can be used as per requirement. Bored of Regular Cooking? Flavour up Your Favourite Indian, Chinese and Mexican Meals with These Versatile Spice Blends!
- Chop the chicken breast and put them into the food processor. Add the garlic cloves, onion, paprika powder, salt and pepper to it. Once it is properly minced, whisk an egg in a bowl and mix the all-purpose flour and cornflour in a dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mince mixture and give it a cylindrical shape. Then press it lengthwise to get a half of an inch of thickness.
- Dip this chicken hot dog into the beaten egg and then place it on the flour mixture and coat all sides thoroughly.
- Now fry it on the hot pan for 5 to 7 minutes each side until it turns golden brown. Absorb the excess oil and make sure you make 6 hot dogs out of this chicken mince mixture.
- Now take each hot dog bun at a time and cut it into half lengthwise. Apply softened butter on the cut side of both the pieces and toast it on a hot pan until brown and crispy.
- Place the bottom half of the bun on your cutting board. Now, arrange some torn lettuce leaves and shredded cabbage on it. Place 2 chicken hot dog filling and spread some mustard sauce. Cover the chicken hot dog with the top half of the bun.
We hope your chicken hot dog turns out really good. You can enjoy it with some ketchup and potato chips! We wish you a Happy National Hot Dog Day!
(The above story first appeared on LatestLY on Jul 21, 2020 01:45 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website latestly.com).